Monday, March 19, 2012

Stinkin' Sneaky Sparrow

If sparrows could laugh, I imagine this one was laughing hysterically at my temporary sparrow deflector as he poked his head out of the nestbox hole to taunt me.  Full of spite, I opened the nestbox for a while as I worked out an alternative to try.



He spent some time trying to figure out what happened.






Before he flew to the box again...and made sure I was looking.





What happened next was a surprise...



That stinkin' sneaky sparrow swiped some branches from the nest...and repeated it several times!



He looks rather pleased with himself, doesn't he? 

Begrudgingly, I'll admit that he's a handsome fellow.  But, I still hope he stays away from my bluebird box!

Trying sparrow spooker #2...ribbons hanging around the box.







No comments:

Post a Comment