Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pet Bluebird

I thought the nest was almost complete, but the female bluebird worked diligently on it all morning.



She had a lot of trouble trying to stuff all this in the nestbox hole!






 Drama erupted when this group showed up and got too close to the nestbox.

  

The male bluebird kept a close eye on the sparrow in the plum tree.



A bit later, it got a little too close (sorry for lots of empty space in the video).



After I went inside the house, I looked out the back door, and the male was sitting on the patio chair looking in!  I guess he wanted me to know what it felt like to be gawked at since I gawk at him all the time.






A few hours later, the female joined him.  As soon as I stood up to open the blinds, they flew away.



But he came back later to say hi!  Could I have a pet bluebird, please?


No comments:

Post a Comment