Monday, May 7, 2012

Scouting Day #3

The Bluebird pair were back again this morning, but not building a nest yet.  What an indecisive duo!

They spent ALL DAY yesterday checking out the nestbox.  First, he would peek inside.







Then, it was her turn.



Then, they would fly away.  Not long after, they would be back again. Over and over and over.








Even this Finch was like "Are you guys ever going to make a decision?"




They even seemed to contemplate the nest box on my grill!  I don't think these crazy kids know what they are doing.  Not a good choice, but I was able to get some super-close pictures as they considered it. 

 





Do you think there will be a nest in the box when I get home from work?

In other bird news, while I was outside snapping pics of the Bluebirds, this Hummingbird stopped for a drink.  He must be getting lonely.  Not many friends are visiting yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment