Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Avoidance Technique



My camera is ready!  The sun is shining!  The cobwebs are knocked off the feeder.  And, I get....


...nothing.  There are no hummingbirds in that picture.  Not-a-one.  I did SEE one, but it was gone before I could catch a pic. 

So, I waited for it to return, enjoying the sun and taking other bird pictures in the meantime.

Robin (that appears to be mooning me)

House Finch


I started getting an itchy picture finger at this point.

Random Spider


Dandelion
 




Funny-looking Bird

Such is the nature of birdwatching.  It takes a lot patience!

Since the lone hummingbird is avoiding me today, here is a tip for you so this blog post isn't a total bust.  If you would like to try a hummingbird feeder, but don't have a lot of space, these small feeders work great inserted into a flower pot.  I saw a few cheap ones at Big Lots.


And here is a picture of a pretty flower for you.



And...


...still nothing.  Better luck another day!

P.S.:  As soon as I gave up and went inside the house, the hummingbird was back on the feeder.  This bird is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment