Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Morning

Beautiful cool Sunday morning for a walk!  The usual cast of characters romped around--cardinals, mockingbirds, goldfinches, and of course robins on rooftops.



I may have discovered why the robins are so prevalent this year.  Two of the front yard trees have nests. 




The mud in the nest threw me for a loop since I had never seen that before.  I did some research and this is common for robin nests.  Then, this morning, a robin was organizing one of them.  Maybe we'll have baby robins this year!

When I returned from my walk, the male bluebird was trying to pull the sparrow spooker ribbon off the nest box.  The missus must have had a chat with him about that ribbon.  I could tell she wasn't fond of it yesterday.  I did him a favor and pulled the ribbon off for now.  He posed beautifully for me as thanks.



We'll see what happens next in the nest box!

No comments:

Post a Comment